Friday, July 4, 2008

Flight to Washington, DC




Finally, after 4 months of waiting, It came to me.


The mepi scholarship for leadership training skills,....I got the permit to go to the holy land Jerusalem on Friday 27th of June to make the visa interview in the Us consulate there, crosses so many checkpoints, Howara, za3tara, 3otara, qalandya and was checked in more than 8-9 revolving irony doors of the Israeeli's,....my bag has been opened and closed many times for many soldiers.



After arriving to the Us consulate, We had to wait for a long time untill our name were called, " Aghbar, Jamous, Lati and Dasa".We waited in the holding room in the consulate, then we were called by names with speakers to sign on papers , then again to take fingers prints then again to make the interview.


After that, Me & Shafeeq & Osama went to the old city of Al Quds and cought the opportunity to pray Al THohr with the Imam.After a tour in the old city , we returned back to Ramallah and Nablus after many fights to get into buses,....many people were waiting!!!


On Moday I got my Visa,.........Finally.

I went to Ramallah the day befor my travel to have my Passport from Moureen from the US consulate department, then we had a meeting with a guy (Mohammad) from Beithlahem who was from mepi 2007 student.


Me and Rawan Got the visas, Shafeeq and Osama not yet, Siba and sami didn't have the permits...!!!

I packed all my stuff after returning to Nablus, actually I didn't know what to take & what to not..It's my first travelling time...and it's by plane.I didn't know if I will be afraid from the airplane or not since I have never tried it, even never ever seen a plane.



on Tuesday, I had to go to Jordan for the second time of my whole life after 15 years maybe, I was alone , but luckily I found some onderful people who were traveling with me passing Jordan to Syria,...Im Mohanad 3arafa from Beteba and her daughter and here son'e wife and children, they helped me alot.


I reached Amman at 6.30 pm was scared at the beginning because I had to leave those people on the Jordinian bridge.....Oh foget to talk about waiting 1500 person in Jericho and many ours in buses, then 100 on the Jordinian Bridge.


I took a taxi to Nazaal neighborhood to go to my cousin's home, nearly was lost but cell phones are the endure at the end.

It was a very warm meeting with Hilda and her children after many years I didn't see them.
She is saying hi to you Mum and Dad...!!

Spent the night talking , chatting, remembering things and memories and stole some time to print my E- plane ticket.


Now.........


Yes, I made it I am in WASHINGTON, DC right now, can't believe it,..........unbelievable REALLY new world. I wish I can stay here forever. everything is different here, the people are so friendly, the place is amazing....... the flight was exhausting for me 13.45 hour from jordan to chicago then 2 hours waiting at O'hare airport, then they closed our washington flight before we get in, so we have to take the next flight wish is at 9.00 pm and arrived DC at 12.30 at midnight. I couldn't imagine spending more than a day in the light of the sky without seeing the moon and the evening. It seems we'll have lots of fun here
Today is USA independent day, so we went to the international history museum in DC, I saw the Dinosaurs!!!
then we stayed, sat on the streets, watched the parade from different countries in the world, Philippine , taiwan, India ....lots of fun.

tonight we will go to the Georgetown University campus, and then see the fireworks.......waw I am so excited.
We still have tonight in Jury's Hotel in Washington.Tomorrow we are heading to Delaware State and its University by Bus.
By the way,....I really like the two decks buses, I hope I'll have the chance to try them.
About the food, actually I miss our palestinian food, I have hard time with meals.Yesterday I ate Mexican food at dinner,
It looks very delicious when you look at it but it is not.

I took my camera and its battery charger, unfortunately the batteries are dead now and the charger doesn't work in here ,even though we bought an adaptor, still not working, so I am using my cell phone camera which is good but not enough.


Have a look.......... :)

13.45 hour flying from Jordan to Chicago













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

unbelievable REALLY new world. I wish I can stay here forever. everything is different here, the people are so friendly, the place is amazing.....

كانت ايام حلوة كثير على ما يبدوا
بس الحمد لله ما حدث شيء يومها (يوم الاستقلال الامريكي )كان صار عندكم مشكلة كبيرة
يعني لو تعرضت امريكا لهجمات
المهم انبسطي
بس الاكل كان مش لذيذ اه
Yesterday I ate Mexican food at dinner,
It looks very delicious when you look at it but it is not.

ههههه
المظاهر خداعة
بس المهم اكلتي والا لا

كتابة مميزة
وجميلة